Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer’s responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Assists Senior M&E Officer in establishing monitoring and evaluation systems, while ensuring that population, RH and Gender issues are well integrated in these systems.
• Participates in FEFA’s both program and admin-finance coordination structures including team meetings, planning events, working groups and provide them the M&E support.
• Managing and implementing the performance-based monitoring system to ensure that the targets are met.
• Ensure that the M&E databases are updated routinely and systematically.
• Ensures full understanding and implementation of FEFA’s M&E Guidelines by the program and administrative staff and implementing partners
• Develops and regularly reviews the tools for monitoring and evaluation and make adjustments to facilitate objective measurement of indicators included in the projects and long-term programs.
• Liaises with program management to collect and analyzes data on activities, and determine progress achieved by each projects.
• Creates and updates a data bank on the programming process including updates on progress of the project implementation, as well as operational issues.
• Monitors utilization of program resources including equipment with the view to determining cost effectiveness.
• Ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines regarding M&E are developed and updated where necessary.
• In liaison with program manager/coordinator, provides technical input and building capacity in data collection at district and sub-county levels, as well as monitor the process of data collection at those levels.
• Initiates/Coordinates activities/mechanisms for purposes of improving program delivery.
• Regularly documents lessons learnt on various projects/ activities, and share the best practices with each project team with recommendations and improvement strategy.
• Coordinates monitoring and evaluation activities with FEFA’s program teams, and perform other emerging M&E functions, if needed.
• Develop an overall M&E plan and manage day-to-day operations of the M&E system, including support of project officers in continued implementation of M&E tools and instruments.
• Develop and disseminate case/success stories from FEFA’s activities and events.
• Provide and ensure timely compilation of internal and external progress reports (monthly, quarterly and annually)
• Any other duties that may be assigned
2. Deep understanding and practical working knowledge with M & E.
3. Technical knowledge and report writing skills of the candidate will be considered as a plus point.
4. Fluency in English and national languages, as well as reading and writing.
5. Proficient in both English and Dari/Pashto typing.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills, goal oriented, polite and highly honest person.
1. University degree in Business Administration, Management or related field of study from one of the recognized university.
• Applicants at least should hold a bachelor degree in one of the above mentioned fields of study, must have at least three years of working experience in order to be considered eligible, whereas all applicants with a master degree may have up to two years of work experience, in order to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by sending their resumes to: Submission e-mail NO later than
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (M&E Officer) in the subject line of your email.